One of my small claims to fame is having six of my sun images on nationally broadcast "CBS Sunday Morning" a total of at least 12 times
"Sun Swirl" as "wallpaper"
"Night and Day 2002" in a graphic for the show's 40th anniversary show
"Sun Swirl 2014" is on the show's slide show of just 37 of the 9,000+ suns shown over the show's 40-year history. CBS Sunday Morning slide show with "Sun Swirl 2014"
These are the other 4 images used (if available, the link to the clip is next to the image):
Show about Margaret Thatcher's passing
I and/or my art has been featured/reviewed/mentioned/shown in the following publications/broadcast or cable shows*:
- Akron Beacon Journal/ohio.com
- Akronist.com (Fund-raising efforts highlighted, January 2013 (now-defunct website)
- Akron Life magazine
- Art of Living with Diana Ray (now-defunct cable show featuring my work in the now-defunct Made in Akron store, 2-min clip originally aired Fall 2009)
- Beachwood Buzz (March 2012)
Buchtelite (University of Akron) (Feature story in UA's Buchtelite: "Cari Miller: Love Akron, Love the Environment", October 4, 2011)
- Canton Repository Ticket, ("It's the Arts Party of the Year", April 2, 2010, Dan Kane)
- Checkthisart.com ("Akron Artist Stands Out…to benefit the Akron Zoo", December 1, 2011)
- Crain's Cleveland Business
- Cuyahoga Falls News Press
- Fox 8 "New Day Cleveland" (Host Kristi Capel interviewed me for a segment in the hour-long show which featured cool places in Akron to visit, 3-minute clip, February 15, 2013)
- Here's the 3-minute clip
Kent Ravenna Record-Courier The Weekender , June 3, 2010
- Knight Foundation
- Stow Sentry
- West Side Leader/akron.com
- ZTV (University of Akron) (2-minute interview segment with Jack Stern, February 2016)
- Spotted in Akron Artwalk video
The Akronist created a video from May 2012's Akron Artwalk which does a great job of conveying the spirit of the area's artists. If you look closely, you'll see three shots of me and/or my work.
- November 2011: The Akron Art Museum liked a painting I had done of the museum so well that they had ornaments created with the image; they also used the image on promotions for Holiday Mart and included the ornament in the showcase celebrating the museum's 90th anniversary.
- I've been in more than 50 shows (solo, group and/or juried) throughout NE Ohio.
Recipient of Artists of Rubber City CoG grant, Spring 2011