I'm Cari Miller, an artist and photographer from Akron, Ohio. You can click on the tabs to see samples of my work. But for the last several months I have been mostly making drawings to express my feelings about current events as well as my personal issues. For many more, please click on the "Daily Drawings" tab
"Fox News Moscow " "What Are the Odds?"
"My Heroes" "I Stand with Ukraine"
"The Face of Evil" "It's Putin's War"
A Loved One's Battle with Cancer
"The Scourge of Cancer" "The All-Powerful Cancer"
My mental health issues
I have Bipolar Disorder 2 (formerly known as manic-depressive disorder) with generalized anxiety disorder along with mild PTSD. I am in talk therapy and on meds but EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. is a struggle.
"Chained" "Days Without Sadness"
"Born Sad" "Really?!"
"Bipolar Talkativeness" "(Hypo)manic Spinning"
Do you like to send postcards as much as I do? Then you're in luck! I have 96, yes 96, unique designs made from my paintings and photographs all commercially printed on premium cardstock. Flowers, skies, suns, dogs, cats and lots more! They come in individual packs of three, preselected sets or you can build your own! Here are just some of the images:
What else should you know about me?
- I'm a pretty much self-taught artist who works out of my home in Akron, Ohio
- I am best known for my acrylic paintings on canvas, photography, works with recycled objects and works that promote the City of Akron.
- I also use other media like markers, watercolors, color pencils, pastels, clay, etc.
- I am known for my "happy" art
- One of my small claims to fame is having six of my sun images on "CBS Sunday Morning" a total of at least 12 times! Click "Publicity" on the right to see actual clips from the shows.
- The first image below is the most popular: "Night and Day 2002".
- Another piece was used as "wallpaper".
- They also used "Night and Day 2002" in a graphic which opened a segment on how suns are chosen for the show, and "Sun Swirl 2014" is on the show's slide show of just 37 of the 9,000+ suns shown over the show's 40-year history.
Would you like some of my art for your own?
Visit my Etsy Shop (with select items)
This Website: I had to redo this site so it is kind of an incomplete mess. I will try to update it as I can. :) But if you'd like more info about anything, let me know.